How to Get the Most Out of Your Mineralogie Makeup
Mineral makeup is the best choice for acne-prone skin which is why we carry Mineralogie, known for its quality and color selection. In addition, the purity of its ingredients and soothing, gentle nature make it perfect for complicated complexions. But, some of you may have tried mineral foundation before and were disappointed in the results. We hear everything from:
- “My skin is too dry for that” to
- “It settles into my fine lines” or
- “I need more coverage.”
Sound familiar? Read on for some tips on making the most of your mineral makeup.
The Right Tool for the Right Job
For fuller coverage, it’s best to use a flat top brush. Here’s how:
- Tap out a small amount of powder onto the lid of your foundation.
- Dip your brush into the powder.
- Bring the brush so that it is bristle side up and tap the end of the handle on a hard surface to evenly distribute the minerals into the bristles. This ensures a smooth application and prevents powder fallout.
- Buff into the skin using small, circular motions.
Have some blemishes or under-eye circles that need extra camouflaging? Lightly dip a concealer brush into the foundation lid again and then gently press onto any areas you’d like to cover.
Prep for Perfection
Because our pure mineral makeup is a powder, it is vital that your skin be well moisturized before application. Minerals love moisture and are drawn to it. Make sure you moisturize your entire face, otherwise you may end up with that patchy, uneven look. After completing your Face Reality cleansing, toning, and serum application, apply a small amount of our Hydrating Emulsion followed with a layer of Cranberry Cream and Sunscreen, such as our Ultimate Protection SPF 28. Preparing your skin in this way will help you to avoid that dreaded dry and powdery finish, leaving you with a lovely, dewy glow instead.
Mineral Makeup Alchemy
Still not impressed with powder? Mineralogie foundation can be transformed into a tinted moisturizer!
- Dispense our Ultimate Protection SPF28 into the palm of your hand.
- Tap a bit of your mineral foundation onto the sunscreen
- Mix with your fingers until fully blended.
- Add more minerals for more coverage.
- Take your flat top brush and dampen the tips of the bristles with water.
- Dip the brush in the mineral/sunscreen mix and apply to your face as you would with a regular liquid foundation, using circular motions to blend it in.
Application is smooth and non-sticky, providing coverage, moisture, and sun protection all-in-one!